25 million people suffer from asthma, in the United States alone, including 7 million children. Coughing, a tight feeling in the chest area, shortness of breath, and wheezing are the most common noticeable symptoms. Most asthma patients have allergies that complicate those existing respiratory issues.
A major part of asthma treatment includes the understanding of asthmatic symptoms and their triggers. Our expert pharmacists are available to help newly diagnosed patients or those who have been struggling for longer with their symptoms and treatment plan.
Asthma Counseling Services Consist Of:
- Explaining long and short term medications and their uses/effects.
- Instructions for using equipment like air flow meters, respirators, and aerochambers.
- Equipment demonstrations. How to best use an inhaler, for example.
- Identification of key triggers.
- Harm reduction, how to clean asthmatic and allergenic triggers from the home and workplace.
- Communication with the patients’ physician about their special needs.
- Use of quality and most effective prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Our experienced pharmacists are available to help your family members with the best tailored plan for asthma management.
Developing a plan to treat the serious symptoms of asthma goes far beyond prescriptions. At Mid-Valley Pharmacy, our specialized pharmacists are available by to help you and your family develop a comprehensive plan for asthma management.